In Pharmacotherapy for the General Practitioner 2016, also known as the NHG formularium, it is stated that the T-Safe CU 380A copper coil or the Multiload (1) is preferred.
Since December 2015, Multiload is no longer available (2), making the T-Safe spiral the NHG's only choice.
Why is T-Safe the best alternative to the Multiload?
1. T-Safe is preferred by the Netherlands Society of General Practitioners (3).
2. T-Safe is the most effective and safe copper-containing spiral (4).
3. T-Safe is suitable for all women and is the only one registered for a stay of up to 10 years.
- Damen-van Beek, Z., Jongh, E. de & Verduijn, M.M. (2016). Pharmacotherapy for the general practitioner. NHG pocketbook formularium, Houten: Bohn Stafleu of Loghum.
- NHG Standard Contraception M02, December 2011, Note 21 reliability copper coil
- Drug Bulletin, November 2008, volume 42 number 11, Developments in contraception